The sole mission of 'The Sikh Review', monthly journal, is to disseminate authentic gurmat philosophy and the spirit of Sikhism, while developing interfaith understanding and promoting universal moral values to sustain a dynamic society throughout the world. Primarily intended to stimulate interest among global Sikh Community, the upcoming generation, The Sikh Review, is meant for general readers in philosophy, moral science, history and sociology, with occasional forays into environmental issues and human rights.
The Sikh Review is published by 'The Sikh Cultural Center, Calcutta', and was founded in the summer of 1953 by a distinguished group of dedicated scholars and devout Sikhs, among them: S. Raghbir Singh Bir, Capt. Bhag Singh, Mrs. Kuldip H. Singh, later joined by S. Mohan Singh Kalra, Dr. Hira Lal Chopra, D.Litt., Dr. Hari Singh Bindra, Dr. Trilochan Singh, D.Litt., Bhai Sahib Sardar Kapur Singh, ICS, Sardar Amrik Singh and S. Kulraj Singh, IRS. Their contribution has been a perennial source of inspiration.